Like what you see? Want to learn more?

If you'd like to become a member of the Society, see what we have in our collection at the museum, get help with your genealogical research, or donate to the Society to help us in our efforts to revitalize the Randolph County Historical Society and museum, you can find us at www.rchsmuseum.org

Friday, January 18, 2019

77. 10 Questions for Mr. Mick The Blogger

(Blog post interruption by Thursa)

Get to know Mick "The Blogger"! 


Thursday evening, I (Thursa) sat in the office at The Museum of RCHS, Inc.  Mick "The Blogger", and Ted (RCHS, Inc. Board President) were there, too.  We had just wrapped up the monthly board meeting. I took the time to have Mick answer a few questions so folks in the social media world can get to know him a little bit better.

Mick "The Blogger" for RCHS, Inc. 

Ten questions I asked him... and his response. The responses are golden if you can sit and hear him share in person.  Please take time to renew, or join, RCHS so you can attend quarterly hobnob activities to enjoy the banter and wisdom as well.  He 'might' consider letting me video chats like this if there would be an interest.  Click 'like', click 'follow', leave comments, and leave questions for future Q&A moments if you want to see more and learn more about Mick.

1. Favorite color?
     Mick:  "Blue.
     Me:  "What shade of Blue?" (That led to a serious, stern look... and after I said light blue, Pacers blue, UK blue... he responded.)
     Mick:  "Navy blue."

2. Last TV show you watched?    
     Mick: "I have not owned a television for 20 years.  I threw it out the back door."
     Me:  "You really THREW it out?"
     Mick:  "Yes, I did. I got tired of the politics and news on the TV, so I threw it out the back door."

3. Last movie seen in a theater?
     Mick:  "The Lawyer."  "It was 1970."
     (Stumped me. I had never heard of it and had to Google it, lol.)

4. Favorite Christmas present as a kid? 
     Mick: "American flyer train. I was about 8 years old."
     Me:  "Did you still believe in Santa then?"
     Mick:  "I still do."

5. How many houses have you ever lived in?  
     Mick:  "Three."  "When I was born, we lived across from the Methodist Church (Winchester, IN)." "When I was three we moved."  "I lived in that house in Winchester, and then I moved to the other side of the same block and still live there."

6. Favorite meal or food? 
     Mick: "It's gotta be a frozen meal I guess."
     Me:  "What do you order most often when you go to a restaurant?"
     Mick: "I don't go."  "I tell you, why should I pay someone else to do what I personally am capable to do myself?"
     Mick: "About three times a year, I allow myself to go get a Whopper and big fry."

7. Where do you shop most of the time now, in 2018-2019?  
     Mick: "Wal-mart." "Hell, it's the only place to shop in town -Wally-world. Basically, there is no where else to go here."

8.  What was your first car you owned?  
     Mick: "A 1952 Ford 4-door automatic."
     Me:  "What color was it?"
     Mick:  "Blue." (And then he said in pure Mick style...)  "And what kind of blue you may ask? I have NO IDEA."  (Mind you, I had not asked him what shade/kind of blue.  That is why so many of us love Mick.)
     Ted: (He chimed in and it was a golden comment, too.) "FORD blue, it was Ford Blue of course."

9. What school did you attend? 
     Mick: "Morton, grades 1 through 6."
     Me:  "Did you attend a kindergarten?"
     Mick: "Yes, it was in the library with Mrs. Meeks."
     (Which led to a side talk we all three had about Mrs. Meeks.  So, she was Mick's kindergarten teacher... and she was mine as well in the mid 1970s.)
     Me: "Where did you go after 6th grade?"
     Mick: "Willard for one year, 7th grade."
     Me: "Where did you go from there?"
     Mick: "Driver High School."  "When I started in the 8th grade, it was Winchester High School." "Then the name changed to Driver High School my Senior year." "Through my Junior year, I was a Yellow Jacket."  "When I was a Senior, I was a Falcon."

10. What is a good story you have found in reading the newspaper and other paper collections -a favorite one?    
    Mick: "Where the guy got blown up with the nitroglycerin." "They found his head in a tree, and another guy said he guessed the ducks ate the little pieces."  "That was a great one."
     Me:  "I don't remember that on The Blog."
     Ted:  "I have not read that one, and I've read them all."
     (Mick and I searched and could not find it.)
     (Mick is going to look in notes he had been taking before Kate and I convinced him to become a Blogger.  He is going to find and share the article as I am sure it is one we all want to read, too.)

Ted, Me, Mick "The Blogger"
Remember, click 'follow' and click 'like' to keep updated when blogs are posted.

To meet Mick and chat with him about county history, send a message or email -or even old fashioned message on the telephone answering machine with The Randolph County Historical Society, Inc.

The RCHS, Inc. website for more information is: https://rchsmuseum.org.
The Facebook group for RCHS, Inc. can be found at: Randolph County Indiana Historical and Genealogical Society.



No comments:

Post a Comment